Capitol Beverage Sales, LP is looking for Class A Drivers! If you enjoy driving, but also like to interact with customers and be physically active this job is for you!
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Hours: Starting between 5 and 6 AM working until routes are complete.
Requirement: Valid Class A CDL
Drives truck over established, assigned routes to deliver beer and other beverages. Unloads, stocks, and rotates product in stores and other retail establishments. Interacts with customers to take any additional orders or to answer any questions/complaints. Completes all the necessary delivery paperwork.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Must be dependable and reliable
- Reviews truck load sheet in order to ensure no loading errors have occurred.
- Drives truck to deliver product to assigned accounts.
- Unloads beer from truck using appropriate equipment, depending on type of delivery truck.
- Uses Handheld device to prepares invoices, enter payments, look up account balances and input over, short or missing checks and payments, for each stop on assigned route.
- Collects payment from customers, and records transactions on customer receipt.
- Obtains customer signature on receipt for deliveries.
- Places delivery in coolers and builds in-store displays when required.
- Rotates product during deliveries to ensure all product is on code and fresh.
- Settles all invoices and payments, collected during deliveries, at the end of each day.
- Verifies with warehouse personnel all products on the truck at end of day that was returned, refused, or damaged. Completes all necessary paperwork.
- Responsible for cleanliness of truck, inside and out.
- Communicates with Merchandisers, Sales Representatives, and other vendors in order to successfully complete the delivery of products.
- Operates vehicles in a safe manner, and obeys all State and Federal DOT laws.
- Adheres to all safety codes and OSHA standards.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment.
Skills, and/or Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment.
- Able to work constructively under stress and pressure.
- Able to interact effectively and positively with team members to accomplish goals.
- Possesses solid customer service skills. Able to provide courteous and timely service to customers.
- Exhibits an appropriate level of patience and tact when dealing with customers’ questions and complaints.
- Displays a high energy level.
- Able to communicate clearly with customers, merchandisers and sales representatives. Listens actively to others.
- Possesses strong organizational skills to ensure all daily tasks are completed.
- Good written communication skills. Able to process necessary paperwork clearly and accurately.
- Able to maintain order and cleanliness of trucks and warehouses.
- Able to accurately attend to details and spot errors when reviewing load sheets and completing paperwork. Basic math skills, including adding and subtracting numbers.
- Knowledge and use of proper lifting procedures.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to drive a truck to deliver product to customer accounts.
- Must be able to regularly unload product (case of beer), which averages to 30 lbs., but can weigh up to a maximum of 49 lbs. from delivery vehicle and transport into customer accounts.
- Must be able to push/pull/lift kegs that can weigh up to a maximum of 165 pounds; you must be physically capable of routinely performing lifting at those weight levels and transporting product into customer accounts.
- Able to stock and rotate product in coolers and shelves.
- Able to design and build in-store product displays which may contain several hundred cases of product.
- Able to operate an electric pallet jack effectively.
- Able to maneuver a two/four-wheel dolly effectively.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum of 1-year previous experience as a Driver or Delivery personnel.
- Valid Class A CDL license required.
- Valid DOT Physical card.
- This position is required to deliver to a variety of accounts including liquor stores, bars and restaurants, convenience and grocery stores to name a few.
- Regular exposure to extreme temperatures, dusty conditions, fumes, machinery with moving parts, and outside weather conditions, including wet and/or humid conditions.
- Possible exposure to chemicals and other toxicants, electrical shock, loud noise, and high places.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Capitol Beverage Sales, LP is the Anheuser Busch and Craft Beer distributor in the Twin Cities area and surrounding metro, and central/western Minnesota. We also carry a full line of Non-alcoholic beverages.