Primary Objective: To provide efficient and timely delivery of bulk feed and assist with other mill operations.
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive.
- Report to assigned workplace at time specified; report late arrivals or absences to supervisor prior to start time.
- Delivery of bulk and bagged feed products to customers.
- Assist with other mill operations including feed mill operation, housekeeping, and maintenance.
- Mill fleet maintenance including planning and scheduling maintenance, maintenance records, and performing minor equipment maintenance.
- Maintain required licenses, physicals, etc. necessary to perform job requirements.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Mechanical aptitude including basic understanding of mechanical, hydraulics, and piping systems and knowledge of various machines and tools including their design, use, repair, and maintenance.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Ability to communicate information or ideas effectively in written or oral form.
- Ability to organize, deal with change effectively, and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Possess math skills when performing basic operations.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Adaptability:
- Requires static strength to lift, push, pull, or carry objects with a minimum weight of 50 pounds. Also flexibility to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Also trunk strength and ability to use abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time. Some tasks involve repetitive motion.
- Manufacturing environment with undesirable conditions including possible exposure to weather extremes, noise, dust, fumes, chemicals and fertilizers, strains from lifting and bending requirements, potential for falls from slippery or wet floors.
- Personal Protective Equipment may be required for some tasks.
Innovative Ag Services is a full service farm cooperative offering a complete line of supplies and services to meet all of your farm needs. We provide value-added products and services to over 5,000 members in the grain, agronomy, feed, energy and building supply markets. Our 30 locations are located throughout northeast and central Iowa and southwest Wisconsin. IAS ranks as one of the Top Agricultural Cooperatives in Iowa. Join the winning team at Innovative Ag Services!