NEVADA HEALTH CENTERS HAS SEVERAL POSITIONS AVAILABLE FOR PART-TIME DRIVERS OF OUR MOBILE AND DENTAL UNITS.
The Mobile Van driver is responsible for maintaining a valid Nevada driver’s license and required training to drive and maintain NVHC mobile units (medical, dental, Mammovan)
and must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations. Travel is necessary to perform important parts of
this job. Travel to multiple facilities or work sites requiring both single and multiple days stays.
Desired Education or Certifications Criteria:
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Possess and maintain a valid Nevada Driver’s License/Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)/Class B Driver’s License (required) including DOT random drug testing requirements.
• At least two years large vehicle driving experience.
• Two years front desk medical experience preferred but not mandatory.
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description:
Driver is responsible for the driving, set up, operations, upkeep and maintenance of both tractor/trailer, both outside and inside.
• Adhere to the assigned schedule for the mobile program and assure all travel arrangements are made in advance.
• Coordinates travel for self to leave van area during patient visit hours whenever possible; coordinate return to van at end of day whenever possible.
• Operate tractor/trailer safely by adhering of all safety requirements: inspect mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment of tractor/trailer unit before, during and after trips and identify potential hazards, or recognize safety alarms.
• Knowledge of equipment contained on vehicles (electrical, plumbing and water, holding tanks, generator(s), handicap access, A/C & heating, leveling jack systems, etc.
• Skill in accuracy and attention to details.
• Knowledge of vehicle maintenance and ability to troubleshoot and make minor engine repairs and/or minor maintenance repairs when necessary in remote locations
• Knowledge of biohazard waste disposal and precautions
• Maintain a working cell phone during all required work times.
• Assure all Department of Transportation requirements, including visible exterior vehicle sticker for annual inspection, are met at all times.
• Maintain records by retaining paperwork, electronic logs (e.g. hours of service log) and forms (e.g. forms required by the Department of Transportation, local, state and federal agencies)
• Coordinates monthly and ongoing maintenance and/or repairs with appropriate vendors, assuring quotes for service are received and approved by leadership prior to service being provided.
• Plan routes based on local and state traffic laws and local restrictions: follow routes according to information from maps, Google Maps and/or navigation system
• Ability to navigate large rig in heavy/congested traffic. Move through narrow, enclosed, or elevated spaces. As well as sloping, uneven or slippery surfaces.
• Upon destination arrival, performs all necessary setup duties to ensure van is patient accessible for services provided.
• Cleans the van after each patient day after returning van to night parking area. Cleaning includes sweeping, mopping, dusting, emptying trash and emptying gay and black water as needed.
• Ability/flexibility to travel for multiple days; when applicable
• Ability to read, write legibly and calculate mathematical figures
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
• Ability to have access to personal vehicle; supply NVHC with proof of insurance if requested
• Ability to perform courier duties; as needed
• Ability to exercise good judgement in appraising situations and making decisions
• Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and to enhance teamwork in the clinics and overall NHVC organization
• Ability to understand and respond appropriately, effectively and sensitively to special population groups as defined by race, ethnicity, language, age, sex etc.
• Ability to hear and speak in conversations over the phone
• No limitations or restrictions regarding your vision that will prevent you from driving safely
• Ability to lift, push and carry tools, objects, or equipment up to 75 pounds above shoulder level without assistance on a frequent basis. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling and stooping.
• Sit for extended periods of time.
• Exemplifies in daily behavior customer service standards of NVHC
• Ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner
• Professional respectful communication with supervisor, co-workers and customers
• Constantly alert for ways to improve customer service, improve patient flow, increase productivity, and improve utilization of resources communicating ideas to supervisor
• Participates in quality management projects as requested
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
• Adheres to policy regarding incident forms and/or patient/client complaints
• Notifies supervisor of unusual occurrences or risk management issues
• Attends and actively participates in team meetings
• Follows all NVHC policies and procedures
• Maintains required Relias Courses in a timely manner
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information, patient financial and medical information per HIPAA
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Basic knowledge of the essential functions of medical mammography and /or women’s health and/or Dental van.
• Knowledge of general office practices and procedures
• Knowledge of computers i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook. Skill in operating personal computer utilizing word processing, databases, spreadsheets and e-mail
• Skill in operating office equipment: calculator, copy machine, scanner, fax machine, and telephone
• Ability to solve practical problems dealing with a variety of variables
• Ability to exercise good judgment in appraising situations and making decisions
• Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and to enhance teamwork in the clinics and overall NVHC organization
• Ability to understand and respond appropriately, effectively and sensitively to special population groups as defined by race, ethnicity, language, age, sexual orientation, etc.
• Ability to hear and speak clearly to converse in person and over the telephone with patients, vendors, provider staff and co-workers
• Ability to maintain a valid Nevada driver’s license and travel between clinic sites as needed
Company Name: Nevada Health Centers, Inc.
Known Languages & Proficiency:
No Language available