Holliday Rock is seeking Ready Mix Drivers to join our concrete team. The Ready Mix Driver safely delivers ready mix concrete to various local locations. Drivers are responsible for the safety of themselves and the safety of others as well as the quality, quantity and desired slump of each load of concrete. Drivers must have a good working relationship with our customers and provide excellent customer service.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ability to perform vehicle safety inspections daily to ensure that equipment is safe to operate
- Maintain driver logs and timecards within DOT guidelines
- Delivery of concrete safely and efficiently to various locations
- Drivers are responsible for keeping their trucks clean and safe
- Responsible for maintaining the proper speed, following distance, and must be aware hazards (defense driving)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years driving experience in a commercial vehicle
- Must have a valid Class A or B commercial driver license
- Driver record can not contain any reckless driving offences, DUI's, leaving the scene of an accident etc.
- Driver record can not contain more then 1.5 active points in the last 36 months
- Must be able to effectively communicate writing and or verbal to customers and co-workers
- Ability to work from elevated platforms as well as climbing ladders and lifting up to 25lbs
- PPO/HMO Health Insurance, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays / Paid Vacations
- Direct Deposit / Paid weekly
- Safety Programs
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Party
Holliday Rock is a 3rd generation, family-owned construction materials company that has been in business for over eighty years. We are one of the largest independent producers of aggregate, concrete and asphalt in the United States. With 33 locations and 650+ employees, we have been able to help build the communities of Southern California and sustainable careers in a family culture that encourages personal growth.